Something Pithy Here

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." -- The King of Hearts

I'm an adopted Texan. As they say, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!" I post pictures and opinions as suits my mood, mostly because I can. Hooray Internet! 

So far I have three blogs here. By the Way is the oldest. I started it in 2003. I lost a couple of years to Vox because I was too lazy to bother to export when they shut down. I consider it an exercise in accepting impermanence. When I followed my husband to Singapore for his first expat assignment, I started (T)expatriate: A Southern Girl in Singapore. That covers 2010 and 2011, give or take. Next came Oslo, and (T)expat 2: Norwegian Boogaloo,  in 2012. Now I'm back home, and back on By the Way.

Pix live on Flickr. I toss links out on Twitter when I feel like it. I'm still not sure what to do with G+ but I kinda like it.


One of Those Days

Things started out well enough--I got up in time to go to the grocery store on the way to work and restock lunch stuff. Decided I'd treat myself to a smoothie. The drive-thru for the adjacent Starbuck's was blocking the parking lot, as usual, so around the block and in through the back door. Five minutes later, I notice the plastic cap isn't on securely and I have smoothie all over my jeans and blouse. Back home to change clothes. By now it's a little late, so I figured I'd take what used to be my normal route through the park. I've been going another way because the construction at the end of my normal route is horrendous, but I thought since it was later, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Got hassled on the little road that goes by the school by some jerk trying to make the one wide lane (so the buses can park and drop off kids) into two lanes (so uptight people can pass in a school zone) but I always sort of enjoy that, because I just toodle right down the middle of the big fat lane at exactly the speed limit. It usually works, and this morning was no exception. Got through the park and to the construction, and for a bit it seemed like it wasn't too bad, but then it just all came to a halt, and I ended up waiting under the overpass for over five minutes, while the people around me got more and more irritated. Everybody scooches around like being one inch forward when the construction guy turns his sign around is going to make all the difference. Anyhow, finally got to work an hour and a half after I left the house the first time....

Powered by Squarespace. Copyright 2003 - 2013 Darcy Curtin. All Rights Reserved.